The American Pop-Up Corner is seeking a reliable, responsible individual who has strong communication skills to fulfill a position as a Full time (40 hours per week) Programs Specialist.
POSITION: American Corner Staff – Programs Specialist AMERICAN POP-UP CORNER
OPENING DATE: July 12th, 2021
CLOSING DATE: July 31th, 2021
WORKING HOURS: Hiring for full-time (40-hours per week) position on a honorarium contract basis.
Starting date: August 15th, 2021
American Pop-Up Corner, as part of American Corners North Macedonia (ACNM) functions as a main point where young people can meet, network and gather information on educational, personal and professional development opportunities.
American Pop Up Corner is a mobile American Corner.
AC Pop-Up is designed to provide information and to encourage dialogue and cooperation between the people of the U.S.A. and of the Republic of North Macedonia. AC Pop-Up serves as a space for discussions, workshops, presentations, film or video showings, holiday observances, English language conversation groups, meetings of people who have studied or traveled in the U.S., and other events as scheduled. AC Pop-Up receives support from the U.S. State Department, and is administered through the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Skopje. The American Pop-Up Corner personnel design and implement programs and gather speakers for events designed to enhance mutual understanding between the U.S.A. and North Macedonia.
- University degree is required.
- Driver’s Licence B (all travelling expenses will be reimbursed)
To carry out this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Innovative approach to program design adapted to the American Corners North Macedonia (ACNM) annual programming plan and strategy
- Relevant marketing and social media experience is preferred. Relevant experience may include a demonstrated ability to use basic graphic design software, webpage design software, or other technical computer skills for advertising and event organizing. Experience managing content for organizational or business social media accounts is a plus.
- Enthusiastic interest in organizing and publicizing events for young adults is required. Experience planning events and conducting outreach to audiences is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to build a network of contacts and volunteers across a wide range of fields and demographic groups and then incorporate those contacts into an organization’s activities.
- Competency and experience facilitating and participating in group activities. Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, adults, elderly and individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to prepare and update written reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and appropriately with colleagues, external stakeholders, potential participants, and the general public orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the history, values, society, culture, and education of the United States of America.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both English and Macedonian.
- Skills in prioritizing work assignments.
- Create, design, and organize programs and events for American Pop-Up Corner in cooperation with the other American Corner staff and the U.S. Embassy, with particular emphasis on programs involving science and technology, young people, education, English language learning, and other programs with relevance to U.S. foreign policy goals. American Pop-Up Corner activities include planning outreach activities by travelling in different cities to reach relevant local audiences in the eastern part of North Macedonia.
- Prepare venues, promotional material, handouts, logistics, social media content, etc., for programs and events.
- Establish and maintain ties with other American Corners, English language libraries, universities, cultural centers, and similar institutions, and identifying new potential partners around North Macedonia
- Perform other duties and conduct special projects as assigned.
- Prepare statistical and narrative reports on activities.
- Keep accurate records of events, visitors, participants and provide feedback
- Create and design digital promotional products – posters, flyers and virtual content for the American Pop-Up Corner social media pages
- Ensure timely and effective communication with American Pop-Up Corner participants through answering different email inquiries
- Provide detailed information on the work and content of programs to interested AC Pop-Up participants and attendants at activities
- Trains volunteers and community members to assist with AC Pop-Up programs.
Interested candidates for this position should submit current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to the following email address: email@example.com no later than July 31st, 2021! Please use: ”ACPopUp vacancy” in the subject line.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview!