Оглас за работно место – Американско катче
Амерканското катче во Скопје бара стабилна и одговорна личност која има јаки комуникациски вештини за исполнување на обврските на оваа позиција како координатор на Американското катче
ПОЗИЦИЈА: Координатор на американско катче
ЛОКАЦИЈА: Американско катче Скопје
ОТВОРЕНА НА ДАТУМ: 9 мај 2019 година
ДАТУМ НА ЗАТВОРАЊЕ: 23 мај 2019 година
The American Corner in Skopje is seeking a reliable, responsible individual who has strong communication skills to fill the full time position of American Corner Coordinator.
POSITION: American Corner Coordinator
LOCATION: American Corner Skopjе
OPENING DATE: May 9th, 2019
CLOSING DATE: May 23rd, 2019
Summary: The American Corners of North Macedonia provide information about the United States and encourage dialogue and cooperation between the people of the United States and of the Republic of North Macedonia through learning and professional development opportunities, cultural exchange activities, and the sharing of information resources. The American Corners serve as venues for speeches, discussions, film or video showings, holiday celebrations, English language conversation groups, meetings of people who have studied or traveled in the United States, programs for professional and educational development in an American-style learning environment, and other events as scheduled. The American Corners are supported by the U.S. Department of State and administered through the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Skopje. The Corners also provide access to a collection of books, audio-visual materials, periodicals, online resources, and other information about the United States in English. American Corner personnel assist visitors, design and implement programs to enhance mutual understanding between the United States and North Macedonia, and maintain and safeguard materials, equipment and the premises.
Supervisory and Planning
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the U.S. Embassy for the American Corner in Skopje
- Work with the U.S. Embassy American Corners POC to coordinate and plan future American Corner activities. This will include weekly, monthly, and quarterly communications, meetings, or conference calls.
- Develop periodic strategic plans and lead staff at American Corners locations in Skopje in implementing innovative programs that align with the Embassy’s goals and priorities and share American culture and values with audiences, giving particular emphasis on engagement with young adults.
- Oversee social media engagement of American Corner Skopje and design new social media campaigns that will enhance follower engagement and drive growth in participation in events.
- Plan and facilitate daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate performace of two part-time staff in organizing events and programs and running the corner on a day-to-day basis. Keep time and attendance of staff and ensure the corner’s operations during open hours.
- Coordinate and organize all American Corner Skopje reporting efforts to include monthly reports, annual reports and quarterly newsletter.
- Train volunteers, interns, residents, and community members to assist with American Corner Skopje’s programs.
- Create, design, and organize programs and events for American Corner Skopje in cooperation with the other American Corner staff and the U.S. Embassy, with particular emphasis on programs involving science and technology, young people, education, English language learning, and other programs with relevance to U.S. foreign policy goals. This includes planning outreach activities to reach relevant local audiences.
- Prepare venues, promotional material, handouts, logistics, social media content, etc., for programs and events.
- Establish and maintain ties with other American Corners, English language libraries, universities, cultural centers, and similar institutions, and identifying new potential partners around Macedonia.
- Performi other duties and conduct special projects as assigned.
- Serve as a TOEFL and GRE test administrator. Note: TOEFL and GRE test administrator training will be provided.
- Experience supervising others in an office or educational setting is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will have sufficient professional maturity and experience in an office setting designing and carrying out educational programming for a young adult audience in order to supervise others in this primary task.
- Relevant marketing and social media experience is preferred. Relevant experience may include a demonstrated ability to use basic graphic design software, webpage design software, or other technical computer skills for advertising and event organizing. Experience managing content for organizational or business social media accounts is a plus.
- Enthusiastic interest in organizing and publicizing events for young adults is required. Experience planning events and conducting outreach to audiences is preferred.
- A demonsterated ability to build a network of contacts and volunteers across a wide range of fields and demographic groups and then incorporate those contacts into an organization’s activities.
- Competency and experience facilitating and participating in group activities. Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, adults, elderly and individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to prepare and update written reports and correspondence.
- Excellent demonstrated customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and appropriately with colleagues, external stakeholders, potential visitors, and the general public orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the history, values, society, culture, and education of the United States of America.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both English and Macedonian. Effective communication in Albanian language is preferred but not required.
- University degree is required.
- Excellent advanced computer skills, including excellent ability to use Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
WORKING HOURS: Full time (approximately 40-hours per week, schedule may vary) position on a yearly renewal. Net monthly salary: 600$ and all standard benefits are included.
Starting date: June 2019 (exact start date to be determined)
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position should submit a CV or resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject line reading “ACS Coordinator” Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.